[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
The House de Toulouse - A Dynastic Succession game for CK2 - Frontline Gamers

The House de Toulouse - A Dynastic Succession game for CK2

Create your dynasty. Rule the world.

The House de Toulouse - A Dynastic Succession game for CK2

Postby Blitz » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:41 am

I have decided to start a dynastic succession game here. Basically this turns Crusader Kings 2 into a play by email multiplayer game. I have started the game, and played through my first ruler who is randomly selected. Now the challenge here is that you have to give up the reigns once your ruler dies. But if your ruler dies before you have played for 10 in game years then you are allowed to continue playing as that rulers heir until their death. The purpose here is to play as a dynasty, but give each ruler a completely different character with different goals and a different personality based on the fact that they are being controlled by a different PLAYER.

Once you have played for 10 years and the character you are playing dies, you stop the game, save it, then share the save here for the next player in line to take over as the heir. Rinse and repeat until we get a game over, or if things get ridiculously bad we can pick a different dynasty member. But the job here is the raise a specific House to great fame together!

Its good etiquette to keep other players updated on your play through, so if your turn is taking multiple days post up small tidbits so we know the game is going on. Right now the Player order is

1. Blitz
2. Oneneutrino
3.. ? anyone else

The save was made using the following DLC's

1. Sword of Islam
2. Legacy of Rome
3. The old Gods (REQUIRED)
4. Sons of Abraham

The savegame folder for CK2 is located at C:\Users\*yourusername*\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II

copy and paste the save game file into that folder and it should open up when you click load game!

I have sunset invasion disabled due to the fact that an Aztec invasion of Europe is stupid.. Out of all the DLC, the only required DLC is the old gods i believe since the House i rolled is....

The House de Toulouse

TURN 1 - Blitz

867 AD

bernat.jpg
bernat.jpg (120.93 KiB) Viewed 10347 times

Jan. 1-- Bernat de Toulouse ascends to the rule of the Duchy of Toulouse. He is now known as Duke Bernat II.

Jan.19 -- A Basque woman from Iberia has caught the eye of Duke Bernat. His ministers are distraught when he announces he will marry a commoner. Oria is presented to the council as the Duchess of Toulouse. Chancellor Anfos, an affable mayor, nods silently in approval. The new Duchess is an ambitious and competent administrator. Her ability to satisfy the needs of the Duke are also a big plus. The new Duke and Duchess set out for Rome on Pilgrimage to celebrate the union and give praise to almighty god.

July. 24 -- Duke Bernard of Barcelona has Revolted against our liege The King of Aquitaine. He holds sway over two of my rightful vassals in Narbonne and Melguil. This must be rectified, and I have sworn to defend our Kings claim, and press my own in Narbonne. To War! I've Hired a company of Saxon mercenary's to press my claim.

barcelonans.jpg
barcelonans.jpg (639.89 KiB) Viewed 10347 times

868 AD

Bernard pushed his way into the Hills of Rouerge and encircled the castle of Rodez. My brother Foucher took command directed our forces on a maneuver around their flank from Melguiel. His tactics proved fruitful, and Bernard fled with the remains of his Army. Tragically, Foucher did not enjoy victory... For a Barcelonan Javelin threw him from his horse as he led the initial charge. Good news has reached my ears though.. My wife sends word she has given birth to our first Child. A Daughter named Marie... I am still mourning the loss of my Brother Foucher, Barcelona will burn!

869 AD

The Asturians under King Alfonso III have declared a holy war for Portucal... Our Stammering king has seen fit to accept a white peace with the traitor Bernard, who will abandon his lost cause for Independence. Too many of our men have died in this campaign, and I will not stop until i have what is mine! Our men have rushed to retake the holdings that were abandoned by our allies when commanded to head south for the Moors..

871 AD

It has been two years, evidence of countless skirmishes and an untold number of fresh graves litter the barcelonan countryside. We have pushed Bernard to his last holding in Barcelona. Our Saxon mercenaries have drained the treasury but have been instrumental in battle.. I have picked up a new friend, Astrid, she is a falcon and keeps me company in the field.. Who knew a bird could be such good company!

The walls of Barcelona have fallen, and screams can be heard coming from the city in the sector the Saxons took.. I have dismissed them from service and Bernard has sent his emissaries to admit defeat. Narbonne is mine as it should be ! If only our Stammering King was as stalwart as those Saxons I have gotten to know over the past 4 years.. Word has also reached us that the Asturians won their war against the Umayyad and secured Northern Iberia.. It is only a matter of time before the Muslim scourge is pushed from our lands.

872 AD

It has been a year since since our victory in Barcelona. Resuming my peacetime duties, i have taken to the countryside among my vassals. The treasury is recovering slowly.. My falcon Astrid has continued to be a great companion and a much needed distraction from the bickering of my subjects..

873 AD

My Spymaster Baron Rainer of Castelnaudary pulled me aside before dinner with quite a worried look on his face.. He advised me that he had just found out through his sources that my wife Oria is plotting to kill him! He told me if it were anyone else, he would have thrown them in the dungeons, but placed the decision in my hands... I need to talk to Oria, Baron Rainer has been a good Spymaster...

Oria laughed when i brought it up at dinner, she confessed she has wanted to be spymaster since she became duchess... Ambitious and Cruel, what is wrong with that woman... I'm glad she is on my side.

875 AD

Oria has given birth to a second Daughter, her name is Brandy... When will that woman give me a son? I have sent my chancellor to Melgueil... The only lands of Toulouse not under my rightful rule as Duke. He is now a guest in Count Bernard Emeron's court, perhaps he can help to undermine Barcelonan Rule in Toulouse.

I've also paid off all debts and Toulouse is officially in the black. Additionally, I have earned renown as a scholar during this time of peace...I enjoy my books, and my falcon Astrid..

My poor Spymaster Rainer had a heart attack and died of poor health... The stress of knowing my wife has had it out for him these past years must have finally caught up to him... I suppose i ought to give Oria her shot at being spymaster.

876 AD

stammerer.jpg
stammerer.jpg (351.71 KiB) Viewed 10347 times

We have received word from the Capital that King Louis II has inherited the kingdom of West Francia from his Father Charles the Bald. He has fancied himself the King of West Francia instead of retaining his title of King of Aquitaine.... Perhaps he has some hidden ambitions to form the Empire of Francia? Regardless, he is abandoning his Latin roots and buying into his French ones... Duke Bouchard of Orleans has put forward a proposal for elective monarchy in Aquatanian lands.

In other news, my sister Regilinde has married an Asturian Prince named Uermundo.. He is of House de Cantabria and apparently holds claim to the kingdom there.. Surprisingly, he has agreed to a matrillineal marriage so any children from their union will carry the standard of House de Toulouse! He is quite an administrator, I have awarded him the title of steward..

The stammering king has refused The Duke of Orleans request for elective monarchy in the Latin south... He has raised his standard in rebellion.. My name was associated with this cause, and I am being dragged into the conflict! This is not good... The King is of the House Karling, he will surely call in his family members from abroad to fight us!

877 AD

I mustered my troops and led them north. Operating under the assumption that my 2500 men would be joined by the Duke of Orleans 3000 man force, i engaged the enemy vanguard outside of Tours.. That craven bastard Bouchard held is position leaving my men and to fight the Karlings alone. I quickly recognized the situation we were in, and as the standards of Asturias approached from the West, Breizh from the North, and Lombardia from the East, I ordered a withdrawal.. We successfully broke contact with the enemy, and sent my men back to their homes. I took command of a small rear guard and was captured in Poitiers... The people refer to me as "The Wise" and i have gained renown as an organizer... Perhaps i can use these traits to stay alive in the dungeons...

878 AD

The Revolt has been utterly crushed... Duke Bouchard of Orleans proved himself a completely incompetent commander. He is now locked away in King Louis' dungeon.. He is fortunate to have survived the slaughter he marshaled his troops into. I have paid for my release from Poitiers, 145 gold... money that should have been spent elsewhere, but i am glad to be free of that hellhole. Still, i am known throughout the realm as a traitor... This could prove troublesome.

879 AD

My Wife has given birth to our 3rd Daughter... I am worried that i will fail my house and fail to produce a living male heir. Fortunately, our ducal laws are such that my daughters will inherit my lands should I pass... I cannot allow my lands to be split apart among them though. So i have passed a law changing the current gavelkind land rights to ultimogeniture.. My youngest child shall inherit all that I have. I only pray god shall see fit to grant me a son!

882 AD

I Have embarked on a great building spree, most notably the expansion of the port in Narbonne.. Our expanding power along the coast has also prompted me to resume hostilities against Barcelona. I have issued orders to occupy Melguil and incorporate it into its rightful duchy, Toulouse!

884 AD

The occupation of Melgueil has forced Barcelona into a fight it was not prepared for, it is only a matter of time before they concede defeat. My eldest daughter Marie has come of age and is already asking who I have chosen as her husband. I was pleased to tell her of her she would be the future Queen of Scotland!

885 AD

The conflict along the coast is over, Toulouse is finally whole under my rightful rule. My wife Oria informs me she is pregnant again and our own Marie has been crowned Queen of Scotland. Everything is going great! I am still very nervous about my poor relationship with our own King though.. I must continue to consolidate my position in case people decide to move against me.

Something odd is happening with my Daughter Tia.... but my court Bishop assures me everything is okay.

tia 2.jpg
tia 2.jpg (121.06 KiB) Viewed 10347 times

tia 1.jpg
tia 1.jpg (219.03 KiB) Viewed 10347 times

the witch.jpg
the witch.jpg (241.81 KiB) Viewed 10347 times

886 AD

A son! The King will not allow me to baptise him as Bernat insisting that it is too Latin.. So he will be known as Bernard..

With new life.. Comes tragedy... I should have listened to reason... It seems Tia is being possessed by a witch and killing my daughters! My poor Marie is dead, and Brandy is infirm.. I must find the source of thise scourge, lest it hit my only Son as well! I have decided that I will execute the suspected Witch... If anything else happens... I will have to deal with Tia as well...As a precaution.. I have sent her to Paris for schooling.. I pray no more harm comes to my children!

tia 3.jpg
tia 3.jpg (208.78 KiB) Viewed 10347 times

Tia 4.jpg
Tia 4.jpg (177.46 KiB) Viewed 10347 times

burn the witch.jpg
burn the witch.jpg (96.71 KiB) Viewed 10347 times

888 AD

My Daughter Brandy has died... and by the same hand as Marie... These cannot be the simple acts of assassins. While I have made many enemies in the Realm, i cannot imagine anyone would harm my daughters! The rumors must be true, that the witch i burned named Eve poisoned the soul of my daughter Tia. I must purge the evil from her with fire... Poor soul.. 8 years old. I give the order to my guards and court chaplin, who ride to Paris, for Bernard must come to no harm!

tia 5.jpg
tia 5.jpg (300.92 KiB) Viewed 10347 times

I recieve a letter from my men, the deed is done... I cannot bear to think of it... I need a drink..

Inheritance.jpg
Inheritance.jpg (705.58 KiB) Viewed 10347 times

Duke Bernat de Toulouse The Wise. Jan 1, 885 - Sept.3, 888

last drink.jpg
last drink.jpg (128.01 KiB) Viewed 10347 times

Re: The House de Toulouse - A Dynastic Succession game for CK2

Postby Blitz » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:37 am

Here is the savegame for Turn 2! i compressed it with winrar
Attachments
Toulouse LP.rar
(3.03 MiB) Downloaded 331 times

Postby {FL}Kramer » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:46 pm

Hey guys, this is really cool stuff, and I have read about something similar very recently on one of my favorite gaming websites...

I find these things interesting and will enjoy reading about yours. I own CK2, but I have never given it the proper time to learn how to play it. I will pass until I get more familiar with how it works, but wouldn't rule out jumping in when I understand the game better.

Can't wait to see more posts! :)

Postby {FL}OneNeutrino » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:30 am

Well I should be able to begin my reign today and start posting how it goes. I think the rampant assassinations will hinder my rule initially :?

Wat did you do Blitz!?! :D

Postby Blitz » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:34 pm

Hmmm read through that post Kramer. I like his writing style but i don't like his policy of non-involvement. I guess he is more curious as to how the game world will work itself out rather than taking on a challenge of 'winning' the game.

Yeah trino. Good luck bro haha. I was glad to see young Bernard still alive in the live stream earlier!

Postby {FL}Saint » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:13 pm

I'm with Kramer haha, I'm not nearly adept enough at this game yet to attempt this. So I will watch and learn for now!

Postby {FL}OneNeutrino » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:56 pm

Part 1 - Neutrino's Rule - The first 12 years...

So I find myself in a very tricky position. 75% of my house has been assassinated within the last year or so, and I am taking over for my father at the ripe old age of... 2.

Here is me:

And here we go:

4 September, 888 --
The Duke has died. We all saw it coming.

Ebles de Toulouse is my Uncle and now he is Court Chaplain, High Almoner, and Regent of the Duchy of Toulouse. He is heir to the Duchy now too. Until Duke Bernard III comes of age, the Regent will rule in my place. I am only 2 years and 5 months old.

As you can see, he is kind of cold. He doesn't like me very much.

892 --
I didn't trust my mother, so I had her married to a City Noble and out of my court. I replaced her with a nicer man who is my new Spymaster. I am about to turn 6 years old!

Aaron de Toulouse tried to have his father, Regent of Toulouse and heir to the Duchy murdered. I made him end his plot because his Dad would not let me have him arrested. Stupid Regent!

A month later, Ebles dies of sickness and Aaron becomes the heir. My Chancellor, Mayor Alderic of Nimes is now my Regent and my Mentor as I have had my 6th birthday!

894 --
I have arrested a courtier who was caught plotting against my title. He is now locked away in my dungeons.

18 December 894 --
My guardian beat me with a strap today. He can be such a pain, but I see his point. I probably should not have broken that fancy cup everyone was admiring.

I proposed a marriage arrangement between myself and a friendly girl who says she is the Princess of my neighbour. She seems nice.

895 --
The King is dead. As the Succession Laws were carried out, my new liege is King Carloman II of Aquitaine. His brother now rules the Kingdom of West Francia to our North. Here is how the Kingdom looks now:

Relatively little happened over the next 6 years. I had my growing pains and ended up with some unfortunate traits. I continued to consolidate my houses power and compile wealth and allies. 1 Day after my 15th birthday:

Soon I will come of age and my destiny will unfold!

Part 2 will be posted in the next few days.

Postby Blitz » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:04 pm

Well played sir! Did you strip the count of his title for carcassone?

Postby Blitz » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:08 am

Hey Kramer check out this AAR. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/in ... ia.601251/ ... I have been reading through it at work in my spare time. It has been absolutely hilarious. He takes command of the Christian Ethiopians on a misguided and pretty much hopeless venture in Abyssinia.

Any updates on the house de Toulouse Trino?

Postby {FL}OneNeutrino » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:58 pm

Nah, I haven't had any time to play and might not have any this weekend. I will try next week if I can't do it tomorrow night.

Return to “Crusader Kings II”